Quest Chips

Flavors Tried: Hot & Spicy, Spicy Sweet Chili, BBQ, Loaded Taco, Nacho Cheese

Yet To Try: Chili Lime, Cheddar & Sour Cream, Sour Cream & Onion, Ranch

Overall Rankings

1. Spicy Sweet Chili (85)
2. Hot & Spicy, Loaded Taco, Nacho Cheese (83)
3. BBQ (79)

General Thoughts

I've heard wonderful things about these, and though they're expensive, I'm excited to try more flavors. The macros are just impossible to beat, and Quest makes amazing products.

Price

At $2-3 per bag and rarely on sale, 10/15.

Fullness Factor

These aren't popped like other protein chips, so they take less time to eat. That being said, the macros are impeccable, though they are low fiber. Like with the crackers, my problem with these is just that I can eat them too fast. 11/15.

Nutrition 

At 19P/140Cals, my only complaint is they only have 1g fiber. They are low added sugar and low saturated fat, and the protein is high quality. They do use vegetable oils and a ton of artificial ingredients. 32/35.

Flavors

Hot & Spicy

  • Taste: Hotter than I expected, but still very tasty. The texture isn't quite right, and they don't quite have the savory aftertaste of Takis. Still, I'm being picky - these are truly phenomenal. Just be aware I have a high spice tolerance, and even I found these a bit spicy. 30/35.
  • Overall: 83

Spicy Sweet Chili


  • Taste: Absolutely delicious! Not very spicy, though it has a little kick. The chili flavor is really great here - I love the sweet aspect. 32/35.
  • Overall: 85

BBQ

  • Taste: As a lover of all things barbecue, these disappointed me. They tasted worse than Pure Protein's attempts or even PopCorneres buffalo. For some reason, the distinct non-chip-like texture really shines through because of the barbecue flavor. 26/35.
  • Overall: 79

Loaded Taco


  • Taste: I don't understand it, but it literally tastes like I'm eating a taco. This would go perfect with taco's in a bag!. I can even taste the lettuce (not a bad thing!). It's kinda like Ghost's energy drinks - it's scary how well they nailed this flavor. 30/35.
  • Overall: 83

Nacho Cheese

  • Taste: Goddamn these are slept on. It's the perfect salty, nacho cheese flavor. I would honestly give it a perfect in terms of flavor, but the texture was off. 30/35.
  • Overall: 83

Comments